NOTICE TO PUBLIC
2020 Borough Flyer
* Annual Trash, Bulk, Recycling Schedule *
The annual flyer is available online here.
Copies are available at Borough Hall or mailed upon request
to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (973) 228-6410,
x-104 or x-121.
April 1 is CENSUS DAY!
In mid-March, homes across the country will begin receiving invitations to complete the 2020 Census. Once the invitation arrives, you should respond for your home in one of three ways: online, by phone, or by mail. When completing the census, you will include everyone living in your home on April 1, 2020.
- March 12 - 20: Households will begin receiving official Census Bureau mail with detailed information on how to respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone, or by mail.
- April 1: Census Day is observed nationwide. By this date, every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. Once the invitation arrives, you should respond for your home in one of three ways: online, by phone, or by mail. When you respond to the census, you'll tell the Census Bureau where you live as of April 1, 2020.
- May - July: Census takers will begin visiting homes that haven't responded to the 2020 Census to help make sure everyone is counted.
- December: The Census Bureau will deliver apportionment counts to the President and Congress as required by law.
- By March 31, 2021, the Census Bureau will send redistricting counts to states. This information is used to redraw legislative districts based on population changes.
Please visit https://2020census.gov for more information.
New Borough Website
MISSED TRASH COLLECTION?
Residents may now submit Trash Collection inquiries/reports ("missed garbage collection") through our new online portal. Please complete the
GARBAGE INQUIRY FORM under the QUICK LINKS menu.
Provide the location and type of trash collection (household trash, bulk, yard debris, etc). The request form will be directed to the Trash Collection Company as well as to Borough Hall. You will receive a confirmation of the submission and a response to your inquiry by email.
Residents may now pay WATER BILLS online. Please find the "Online Water Utility Payments" option under the Quick Links menu to the left of the home page. You can view your readings and bills and make a payment. Water meter readings can also be entered online under the "Water Meter Submission" Quick Link.
Online payments for Taxes and Sewer Utilities are coming soon!
Information regarding the Affordable Housing opportunities currently available at the Hilltop in North Caldwell
can be found at www.rpmwhiterock.com.
Essex County’s 2020 Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) update is kicking off.
The HMP is updated every five years, with the goal to save lives and property through the reduction of hazard vulnerability. During this planning project, the county, local leaders and the participating communities will work in tandem to identify risks, assess capabilities, and formulate a strategy to reduce disaster vulnerability in our communities.
Visit https://bit.ly/2Lhu9IG and take the Essex County citizen survey at https://bit.ly/2KZdwT9.
2019 Tax Rate Analysis
For the New Jersey Division of Taxation's Property Tax Relief Program, please visit:
SIGN UP FOR THE BOROUGH'S COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
Please use the Quick Links menu on the left side of the home page to select "Community Newsletter".
Provide your email address for future newsletters and community news.
Please follow Borough happenings, events and news on Facebook...
Borough of North Caldwell
ADVICE TO RESIDENTS CONCERNING CANVASSERS AND SOLICITORS
The Code of the Borough of North Caldwell requires all Canvassers and Solicitors to honor “No Solicitor” signs posted by residents and shall immediately depart from premises so posted. Residents may download and print a No Solicitor sign courtesy of the Borough of North Caldwell by following this link:
View Alerts from the Borough - Click Here